Prof. Ir. Dr. Agileswari A/P Ramasamy
College of Graduate Studies (COGS)
Universiti Tenaga Nasional.
Greetings from the College of Graduate Studies (COGS) UNITEN.
Our college currently offers postgraduate studies in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting, Finance and Business Management. All our sixteen programmes, which include mixed-mode, full-research, and coursework programmes are accredited by Malaysia Qualifications Agency and are approved programmes under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia.
Our postgraduate programmes provide a quality education through teaching and research excellence piloted by our high calibre and experienced academic staff from our three main colleges, i.e. College of Engineering, College of Computing and Informatics and College of Business Management and Accounting. Our lecturers perform research and consultancy that are in keeping with the current needs of business and are in line with the vision and objective of UNITEN. They have strong linkages with local and international industries as well as academia. Our postgraduate students have a wide range of opportunities to select research projects provided by our well-established and recognized five research institutes: -
- Institute of Power Engineering (IPE)
- Institute of Sustainable Energy (ISE)
- Institute of Energy Infrastructure (IEI)
- Institute of Energy Policy and Research (IEPRe)
- Institute of Informatics and Computing in Energy (IICE)
Students also have the opportunity to propose their own individual research projects in consultation with the relevant college lecturers.
The student body at COGS is made up of recent graduates as well as professionals in the workforce who want to pursue further degrees to advance in their careers. We have a healthy mix of local and international students, and our Graduate Activity Club gives them a forum for conversation. The club conducts presentations and industrial visits, promotes the 3 Minute Thesis competition, hosts Coffee Hour Sessions, and serves as the conference's secretariat for our iGRAD conference. Through the UNITEN mobility programme, students can also learn about the top research techniques (best practices) in other nations to widen their research horizons and strengthen their linkages.
Our goal at COGS is to create graduates who will not only be knowledgeable but also skilful, autonomous, highly driven, and professional, making them valuable assets to any organisation. Join us, and we'll give you the tools you need to soar higher in life.
At COGS, we manage Postgraduate Programmes for our students in collaboration with our partner colleges including College of Engineering (COE), College of Computing & Informatics (CCI), College of Business Management & Accounting (COBA) and College of Energy Economics & Social Sciences (CES).
Why Postgraduate at UNITEN?
- Top class lecturers with international recognition
- Students exposed to corporate and industrial specialist
- Strong research collaborations with other higher learning institutions and industries.
To understand the programmes structure, kindly download the link Postgraduate Programme Structure
Click to download the brochures.
Business Management, Accounting & Energy Economics
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (STRUCTURE C)
- MASTER OF ENERGY MANAGEMENT (STRUCTURE C)
- MASTER OF ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT (STRUCTURE C)
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING (STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN FINANCE (STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT (STRUCTURE A)
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)
- MASTER OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ( STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (STRUCTURE B)
- MASTER OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING (STRUCTURE C)
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (ENGINEERING) (STRUCTURE A)
Computing & Informatics
- MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (STRUCTURE A)
- MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (STRUCTURE B)
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
College of Graduate Studies (COGS)
Level 4, Administration Building
Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
Putrajaya Campus, Jalan IKRAM-UNITEN
43000 Kajang, Selangor, MALAYSIA.
T +603-8921 2020 ext 3019 / 3072 / 3010 / 3012
F +603-8921 2065
Head of Department (Engineering & Interdisciplinary Programmes), Programme Coordinator: Master of Mechanical Engineering
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jawaid I. Inayat-Hussain
T: +603-8928 7318
Programme Coordinator: PhD in Industrial Science, Master of Industrial Science, Master of Civil Engineering, Master of Structural Engineering
Dr. Wong Leong Sing
T: +603-8928 7250
Head of Teaching, Learning and Accreditation Unit
Dr. Rabiah Eladwiah Abdul Rahim
T: +603-8928 3028