Doctor of Philosophy in Information & Communication Technology
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) program is aimed at providing PhD Degree holders with the ability to develop new/novel knowledge and expand existing knowledge and application of computing solutions in the organization, society, and worldwide. It exposes the practitioners/researchers to advanced study and training in research, culminating in the submission of a thesis. This program intends to develop research capability, creativity, and ability to collate the results of the research work and to present them in a clear manner, as well as demonstrate knowledge of the literature of the subject.
- A master’s degree in the field or related fields accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree recognised by the Government of Malaysia.
- Candidates without a related qualification in the field/s or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP.
- For international students: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 500 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or its equivalent.
A bachelor’s degree with the following conditions:
- A bachelor's degree in the field or related fields with first-class (CGPA of 3.67 or higher) or its equivalent from an academic or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programme;
- Undergo internal assessment; and
- Any other requirements of the HEP.
Bachelor’s degree candidates who are registered for master’s degree programmes may apply to convert to the doctoral degree programmes subjected to the following conditions:
- Within 1 year for full time and within 2 years for part-time candidates;
- Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at doctoral level through rigorous internal evaluation by the HEP; and
- Approval of the HEP Senate.
KEY RESEARCH AREAS
- Information Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Human-Computer Interaction and Visualization
- Knowledge Management
- Data Communications and Networking
- IT Governance
- Advanced Project Management
- Interactive Systems Design
- Data Modeling
- Software models
- Software Quality
- Data Analytics
RM 31,200 total fees
RM 34,200 total fees
USD 8,550 total fees
EMGS & Application