Research is one of the key agenda of Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN). This is clearly worded in its mission statement as, "We are committed to deliver a unique and enriching learning experience that fosters innovation and research". Accordingly, Innovation & Research Management Centre (iRMC) UNITEN was established in order to provide a proper mechanism and research management system, effectively and efficiently so as to translate this mission statement into operation.
To foster and nurture an excellent culture in supporting research activities in UNITEN.
We are committed to providing exceptional research support for UNITEN researchers that will encourage continuous and enriching research experience. We strive to advance knowledge and learning experience through research and innovation that will best serve human society.
ROLES OF iRMC
- To prepare strategic planning on research and development of UNITEN
- To coordinate and manage all vetting procedures of research proposals
- To coordinate and monitor all research activities in UNITEN
- To promote and nurture research activities in UNITEN
- To promote inter-disciplinary and inter-college research activities
- To promote research collaboration with external parties
- To coordinate and liase with research funding agencies
- To promote commercialisation of research products
- To act as secretariat to UNITEN R & D Committee
- To conduct staff development programme in order to enhance research skills and competency