INDUS EDUCATION FOUNDATION
- To provide ‘interest-free financial support’ in the form of loans, fellowships, scholarships, bursaries, medals and prizes:
- For Pre-university, Higher Education and Professional courses/studies except medicine, dentistry and pilot training.
- For talented and eligible Malaysian Indian students from middle and low income families,
- To pursue higher education in the fields of their choice at private higher educational institutions (IPTS) within Malaysia, recognized by the ‘Malaysian Qualifications Agency’ (MQA).
- IEF Board of Directors’ reserve the right and jurisdiction to consider applications that do not meet IEF ‘Terms and Conditions.
To provide counselling, guidance and networking opportunities to IEF Fellows
- Malaysian Indian Citizens.
- Academic requirements:
- A Level : 7As & above (SPM)
- Foundation : 7As & above (SPM)
- Matriculation : 7As & above (SPM)
- STPM : 3.1 CGPA / 2As & above
- A Level : 2As & above
- Matriculation : 3.1 CGPA & above
- Foundation : 3.1 CGPA & above
- Diploma : 3.1 CGPA & above
- Pursuing or intend to pursue full-time academic programs (as above).
- Applied and unable to receive any form of scholarship/study loan/assistance/grants from government, private sector or individuals, inclusive of PTPTN loan
No restriction for Pre-university, Undergraduate and Professional courses/studies except medicine, dentistry and pilot training.
- Tuition Fees
- Other Fees
LIMITS OF FINANCING
- Pre-university courses/studies maximum of RM25,000.00 per course.
- Undergraduate and professional courses/studies maximum of RM100,000.00 per course.
- Loan (tuition fees) to be disbursed by semesters/terms to educational institutions based on the record of good academic results as stated at Paragraph 2 above.
- Other payments (fees, accommodation, meals and transport/travelling) will be made directly to the fellows concerned by semesters/terms based on the total amount approved.
- 100% waiver of loan amount for 3.75 CGPA and above achievers.
- 25% waiver of loan for 3.50 CGPA to 3.74 CGPA achievers
DISBURSEMENT AND REPAYMENT TENURE
- The disbursement of the loan is subjected to the following:
- Settlement of the outstanding payment by the applicant to the respective educational institution.
- The Loan Agreement and related documents being properly executed and stamped by IEF lawyers.
- The loan repayment is set for 10 years, including a grace period of up to Three (3) months after completion of course/studies.
- IEF Pre-university studies fellows, who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies may appeal for deferment of payment.
A penalty based on BLR per annum will be levied on the total outstanding loan amount
Parents’ monthly gross income must not exceed RM8000.00 per month
- Guarantors’ eligibilities are as follows:
- Malaysian citizens.
- Parents are not eligible.
- Siblings are eligible.
- Known the applicant’s family for over three (3) years.
- Must be below the age of Fifty (50) years on the date of application.
- Not ‘Black Listed’ or declared as “Bankrupts”
- Number of Guarantors required:
- Two (2) guarantors with a monthly gross income of not less than RM3,000.00 each, or:
- Three (3) guarantors with a monthly gross income of not less than RM2,000.00 each.
- Documents required:
- 1 copy of all Guarantors’ NRIC,
- Latest Payslip (3 months),
- Pension Slip,
- Certified Financial Statements (if self-employed), and
- Income Tax Returns
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
Online Application Registration at: www.indus.org.my
The Eligible Interested candidates can email to:
- 03-6211 4045
- 03-6211 4046