Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.moe.gov.my/INTER/ .
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month's validity);
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degree programme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicants' alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile. Documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees (e.g. lecturer, supervisor or immediate superior, etc.)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal.
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must COMPLY to the following criteria
Applicants must COMPLY with the following criteria:
- Not be more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and PhD respectively.
- For Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at Bachelor Degree level.
- For PhD Program, applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good result at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.5); or TOEFL internet-based test, iBT (minimum total score of 92); or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as medium of instructions may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
- Submission of a written proposal with minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
LEVEL OF STUDY
*Full time postgraduate students [(Master/ PhD) courses] for the Academic Year of 2021/2022*
BENEFITS OF MIS
- This scholarship is limited to tuition fees and monthly living allowance of RM 1,500.00 per month.
- Successful applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia.
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- High-level academic achievement.
- The quality of the research proposal and its potential contribution towards advancement of technology and human well-being.
Excellent communication, writing and reading skills in English Language.
TERMS AND CONDITION
- Scholars must undertake full-time study for postgraduate programs at the selected Higher Learning Institutions . It is the responsibility of the scholars to confirm admission to the university.
- Scholars must not change their programme during tenure of the scholarship except with written permission from the university and the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Scholars must follow the approved programmes and are abide by the university’s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Any suspension from the university will result in immediate suspension of award. Monthly allowances are not payable during suspension.
- It is the responsibility of successful candidates to apply and meet the requirements for the issuing of an appropriate entry visa including medical examination. The offer of the scholarship does not guarantee the granting of a visa. Further information and application details are available at https://visa.educationmalaysia.gov.my.
- Scholars must maintain satisfactory progress and good standing as stipulated by their host university or the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The scholarships are tenable in Malaysian Universities and research must be carried out in Malaysia.
- Scholars are not allowed to take any paid employment during their tenure unless with written approval from the host university.
Open : 15 May 2022
Close : 15 June 2022
Ministry of Higher Education
Level 2, No 2, Tower 2
Jalan P5/6, Precinct 5
Phone: +603-8888 1616 (Hotline) / +603-8870 6368 / +603-8870 6343 (Malaysia time / Monday - Friday)
For any technical assistance regarding MIS application form; please submit your e-mail with screen-shot to : firstname.lastname@example.org